Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Activities with friends (Astrid Sidibe)

Sandbar


I have found a super cosy bar with a tropical vibe down on state street. Me and my new friend Ann-Kathrine were looking for a place to hang out on a normal wednesday. We went to this place called Sandbar and ordered the best burgers in town (so far) and a killer mango drink. We choose a great evening to go out because we stumbled into their reggae wednesday so we also got a live performance. I love reggae and the band that played was really good.  Apparently this is something they do every wednesday with different reggae bands. So if you are looking for a good place to hang out with good music and great food you should check it out on wednesdays.

Creamistry

Last week we celebrated my friend Vanessa’s birthday by going downtown for some good Thai food and Ice cream. We ate the creamiest ice cream I have ever tried in my life. It’s  called Creamistry and it’s a nice place downtown located on state street. They make the ice cream right in front of you with a special liquid that makes it freeze. It was such a great experience! When they make the Ice cream it looks like they are doing some kind of magic potion in a secret lab somewhere. It is super cool! But the best part is that you get to create your own ice cream by choosing  what type of base (dairy or non-dairy), flavor and toppings you want. I am a vanilla flavor kind of girl so that was my pic, with fresh banana pieces on it. My husband on the other hand tried the espresso flavor and the other girls chose coconut and chocolate. There were so many different flavors to choose from so I am sure that they have something to offer everybody!


Pilates at SBCC

I have always been a yoga girl but this semester I wanted to spread my wings and try something else so I am taking pilates. I am taking a great class in school and loving  this type of workout. It is a great workout that really focuses on your core and breath in a very similar way to yoga yet it is very different. I have come to understand that yoga is a workout that is on a deeper spiritual level while pilates is more about the physical. In our pilates class we get to work with different types of equipment such as balls, bands and bricks. I do love the feeling after every class because I feel so focused on what I am doing. I feel extremely connected to my body and it makes it easier to move and be present. Our teacher Deborah is really good and always shows up with high energy and ready to teach.  So if you want to strengthen your core then I strongly recommend for you to take a pilates class. I am finding activation in muscles that have been asleep for way to long. It is bringing me back to the now! Amazing!!!


Food sharing Event at SBCC!

Last but not least I want to share a great thing about our campus. The food pantry had an event called “Food Sharing” were all students are invited to get lots of free food. They gave us big boxes that we could fill with vegetables, nuts, pasta, drinks, candy, cans of all sorts and they also gave us burritos. They had so much more than what I mentioned but I just wanted you to get the picture. This Is AMAZING! They fed hundreds of students and played music and spread the love. I had a great time and I feel so thankful that there are so many givers out there. It is not something you see everyday and it is truly appreciated as a student to be able to save some money on things like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spending the holidays abroad!

I used to feel homesick when I’d be traveling for two weeks, now I’ve been away from home for almost a year and I’m spending holidays away f...