Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My Welcome to Santa Barbara (Astrid Sidbe)

Astrid Sidibe


Campus
I want to start off by saying that I fell in love with this campus the moment I set my foot here. The view is amazing, the buildings are very nice and everyone I have met on campus so far have been really friendly and helpful. One of my favorite buildings is the library on west campus. You can come here and use computers, get tutored or just read. The best part is the beautiful view right outside the building, this is the first thing you would see when you step out of the door. Isn’t it beautiful? Imagine to study in such an inspiring environment! I am very excited about my time here.
Classes
There are a bunch of different classes to take here. I have decided to take dance, acting for the camera (which is something I never done before), music and I am also taking introduction to business with Bonnie. He was so inspiring during our first class and I knew right away that I can learn a lot from him. I felt the same way when I met my dance teacher Tracy, he has so much experience and a great posture. To be honest I have felt extremely inspired by all teachers I have met so far and it makes me eager to learn.

Places to go while you are in Santa Barbra
I love the ocean and I bet there is a lot of people out there who feel the same way. There is something about the sound and the smell that makes me feel at ease. So for the person who feel like there is time for some healing in their life or if you just want to go for a bite to eat, the pier is amazing. It is peaceful and it has a bunch of restaurants and also a palm reader if you into that. 
There is a little pizza place downtown that I would like to recommend. It is called N.Y Pizza and they have a great pepperoni pizza that is worth trying! I bought a slice for about 5 dollars, it is pricey but it was worth it! The slice was really BIG and I did not have to eat anything more after that, it kept me full the entire evening.  
I am absolutely thrilled to be here and I am going to make the most of it!

All the best, Astrid S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spending the holidays abroad!

I used to feel homesick when I’d be traveling for two weeks, now I’ve been away from home for almost a year and I’m spending holidays away f...