Wednesday, May 1, 2019

My experience at Santa Barbara City College (Astrid Sidibe)

It’s a bittersweet feeling that the semester is coming to an end. I have had such a great experience here in Santa Barbara both in and out of school. I have spent this semester with new found friends, myself and my amazing husband. In my last blog post I would like to share some good experiences I have gotten during my time here, mostly from school. The first thing was that I got this job as a blogger from the international student office my first semester here. Thank you Shelby! It made my semester even better!




The student Health Services, have been part of my support system while being here and that is a great place in school that offers a lot of different types of services. You can get 6 meetings with a counselor that you can talk to about anything for free during the semester. My counselor Betsy has been a great support during my time here. She is like mother nature herself with lots of  love and compassion.


THE WELL


I also fell in love with The Well this semester. It is a great spot for people to go to and work on their wellness. I am so thankful for Rebecca and her crew! You guys are giving us an opportunity and place to go and heal and grow. You ROCK!!


Thank you “Food Pantry” for all the food you have given us students! You are doing an wonderful thing for the students.


The CLRC center offer workshops that are very interesting and for free. I’ve been to 4 of them this semester and I have one more I would like to attend. They have been really helpful and/or a lot of fun. I hope more people take advantage and attend because you can learn so much and it gives a lot of value, at least to me. I really appreciate the workshops! It has been great! Also all of my teachers have been killing it during class this semester. They been really focused and driven to teach us what they know. So to my teachers I would like to say THANK YOU! I have had a great time here at SBCC!


San Francisco
Last I would like to share a little from our road trip last weekend. I went to San Francisco with my mother, brother and husband. It was a great weekend! We rode bikes over the Golden Gate Bridge, made a stop on our way to the bridge at the palace of fine arts, spent some time on Pier 39 and visit the famous prison Alcatraz. It is a lot to see in that city and also on the way back home especially on road 1, it was magnificent nature with beautiful views.  
If you ever get the chance to go there, then I think you should! Have a great day!


Love // Astrid S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spending the holidays abroad!

I used to feel homesick when I’d be traveling for two weeks, now I’ve been away from home for almost a year and I’m spending holidays away f...