Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Celebrating my birthday abroad (Vanessa To)



Studying abroad in Santa Barbara means to me discovering the intriguing, great and beautiful country in the United States on my own, being almost independent by living on my own with a great international community thanks to my lovely parents caring a lot for me!
After that, I can develop my own personality such as being more self-confident; more mature and also more organized etc. In addition to it, I really like to meet many new people; students as well as teachers or professors in SBCC. I am really open-minded about new cultures and new people from all over the world. Furthermore, I can maybe to get to know a lot of international friends and have maybe a friendship with them for a lifetime.

Me and my friends eating in Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar
On the 24th of February, I went for my nineteenth birthday for lunch at Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar  (38 W Victoria Street) which was a Thai restaurant in the Public Market with some of my friends from my acting class. One of them is also our International Blogger for SBCC. Her name is Astrid.
Celebrating my 19th Birthday
Hangover Noodles and Thai Tea

While we were inside of the Thai restaurant I ordered the dish “Hangover Noodles” and I chose “Thai Tea” for lunch. The noodles were really good flavored with a hint of spicy taste as well the “Thai Tea” was perfect sweetened.
 
After eating in the restaurant we went to Creamistry and had a lot of fun while we have been there. I had a really nice and unforgettable birthday with them.
My birthday cake by Lilac Pâtisserie
In the afternoon, I picked up my really cute and beautiful birthday cake from Lilac Pâtisserie (1017 State Street) which is a gluten free bakery and café with a French flair. The name of my cake was “The Berry Patch Cake”. I could change the flavour from the inside. So I decided on chocolate. This cake was a really great choice because from the inside the cream was made of raspberries and strawberries and from the outside I had as toppings also blueberries and green leaves with vanilla flavor.


Vanilla ice cream and deep fried banana dessert
After picking up my cake from the bakery I celebrated in the garden of my house and invited some of my other friends from Santa Barbara City College. The time I spent with them in the late afternoon was really unique. Thereupon, we chose together a restaurant and decided to go to Sushi Teri. In that restaurant I ordered Sushi, Miso Soup and Agedashi Tofu (deep-fried tofu) and my friends ordered a salad and some of them ordered Tempura Shrimp and Tempura Shrimp Rolls. At the end of my time in that restaurant I got a little surprise after eating. I got a tasty dessert with a candle which comprised vanilla ice cream with pineapple pieces and cake under the ice cream and deep fried bananas topped with chocolate sauce.

You can find me on social media to stay tuned:
Snapchat: vanessaa.to




Best wishes,
Your International Blogger, Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spending the holidays abroad!

I used to feel homesick when I’d be traveling for two weeks, now I’ve been away from home for almost a year and I’m spending holidays away f...